I added initial support for the built-in Media Player. It’s untrivial to get everything working properly as the FileManager, the Metalayer Crawler, and the Media Player are all close source applications and their behaviour is not really documented anywhere.
The change log:
- Added OGG support for the built-in media player.
- Updated ogg related mime types from freedesktop.org.xml (excluding *.ogg patterns).
- Added icons for the new mime types.
- Removed dependency to floating point vorbis library.
- The FM doesn’t now how to start the new mime types.
- The Metalayer Crawler doesn’t fill in the meta data (artist etc.) for the ogg files.
- I removed the *.ogg patterns from the mime file because with it neither the FM nor the Crawler checked the real mime type for files but just put the first mime type with *.ogg pattern.
The Crawler did fill in the artist etc. for my ogg files at one point, but I don’t know why. If you have any hints for these issues, I’m all ears :)
PS. The MP now plays oggs with Theora video and Vorbis audio too :)