I changed the address type in the downloadable hex file from byte address to word address. Now over 256 byte codes work too. I also added padding of record lines, so all lines are now 32 words. And since I hope this works now enough for us, I reorganized the code a bit and increased the version number to 0.2.
I had to fix the 256 byte limitation for HEX files since I tried an example code that was more than that. I also fixed the 16F88 only limitation. Now the downloader accepts any Pic ID unless explicitly asked to verify the ID.
Lately I’ve been interested in PICs. We bought a 16F628 only to realize that it requires too much work to always flash the program to the chip with a separate programmer. So, we bought some 16F88s, because they support bootloaders. Linux support seems to be a bit inadequate and there’s no Linux application to download a software to the bootloader of our choice, so I started to make my own downloader. Currently it works but only with a very limited number of different HEX files.
I reorganised my pages a bit and moved some of my old hardware etc. projects under the new projects page.
Penguin’s Web Gallery will be a rewrite of my old and ugly gwebgal. Currently only some plans and glade UI have been done.
SpeexComm will be a nice light VOIP engine for gaming purposes. Currently a non-released work-in-progress proto version is being developed.
I have made a lot of projects, most of which have been forgotten before they ever evolved to anything useful. This projects page hopefully brings some sanity to my doings.